Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Have Mastitis: Really need support & encouragement

Default Re: Have Mastitis: Really need support & encouragement

Ah... she's 3 1/2 month old right now. I suppose I've grown use to MIL's way of bottle feeding. MIL was constantly telling me how the baby drank "all 4 ounces like a champ!" Although she hasn't pressed the issue, she did worry the baby was not getting "enough" to eat, since the baby was eating almost every 2 hours. I've read all about cluster feeding and I also understand the concept of "feed upon demand"... hence I just told MIL she was getting enough and if she was hungry, my breasts are right here and ready for another session

I thought I'd wait a few more days to see if the feeding will become "scheduled" and not just random, like it is now. As you probably can tell, the baby was on a soft schedule before, when she was bottle-fed. It's all messed up now. I've given up looking at the clock and just waiting for her lips to smack
    Proud of Baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*laurenc View Post
    I've given up looking at the clock and just waiting for her lips to smack
    This is what you have to do! "Random" is actually pretty normal at this phase. Some kids do settle into a loose schedule of sorts, but feeding every 2 hours all day long is a normal "schedule."

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    This is what you have to do! "Random" is actually pretty normal at this phase. Some kids do settle into a loose schedule of sorts, but feeding every 2 hours all day long is a normal "schedule."

Give your MIL some time to get used to the new normal. Once she sees for herself that baby is thriving and that you are happier, she'll probably stop worrying about your nursing routine.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

yay mama! i am SO proud of you!
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.