Hi there! I wasn't sure if I should post this in the "nursing your 12+ month toddler" or here. So hopefully I chose correctly!
I am looking for information about toddler nutrition. Well, more specifically, charts or guides that tell you how much a toddler should be eating from the food groups each day. I have always made my own baby foods and I know what a healthy diet is. However, I do not know what amount of solid food he should be receiving. I have been reading and reading and everything seems contradictory. AND to top it off, I can find nothing about solid food intake while nursing a toddler. I know that Kellymom says that if 75% of his diet is breast milk, then he is getting what he needs. But I am a numbers person, and I want to know what the other 25% should be made of. And I will be weaning soon and returning to work, so I need to know solid food amounts for that tearful day.
For example, the book HappyBaby: The Organic Guide to Baby's First 24 Months says that my son should be eating 3/4 cup fruit, 3/4 cup veg, 2-3oz of grains, 2-3 oz protein...EACH DAY! (This is for a child drinking cows milk).
But the website: http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/Toddlers.htm is quite contradictory to those (what I feel are huge) amounts!
And The Baby Book is closer to the Happy Baby book, but still a little different (and it says a toddler needs 3 cups of milk vs. 2 cups).
Ahhhh...confusion! What to do? Help?