Re: Constant crying
6 weeks. Big growth spurt, coinciding with peak fussiness and often with maximum mommy tiredness, as well. It's unlikely that there's anything you're doing wrong, or much you can do to fix this. You just have to roll with it, and wait for baby to grow out of it. But here are a few strategies for coping with intense fussy behavior:
- Nurse. Nurse, nurse, nurse. Baby can't fuss when his mouth is full.
- Fresh air. Take baby outside during maximum fussy periods.
- Warm water. Give baby a bath in the sink.
- Motion. Risk in a rocker, swing in a swing, ride in a stroller.
- Closeness. Wear baby in a carrier.
- Calm house. Turn stereo, tv, and lights down or, preferably, off.
- White noise. Run the vacuum or dishwasher.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"