Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't do this anymore! Need help!

Default Re: Can't do this anymore! Need help!

Thanks ladies! My DH and I decided to try to night wean starting next weekend since he wil be off work for a week and I'm a SAHM. I hadn't heard of the Jay Gordon method but we'll give it a try. Her gums don't seem to be swollen so hopefully it will be a good time. Wish us luck!
    Mom to TRH born 2/16/11 - 8lbs 7oz., 21in.

How is it going?
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

No progress yet. I've been trying the Pantley method (because it seems less drastic than the Gordon method) but it hasn't helped yet. She seems to be really bothered with her teeth so I'll wait until she's doing better with that to try Jay Gordon's method. The last few nights, about halfway in, she has been waking every 15 to 30 minutes crying from teething and sitting up in bed with her hand in her mouth. Poor baby. I'm so sleep deprived. I keep hoping she'll do better on her own but it doesn't look that way.
    Mom to TRH born 2/16/11 - 8lbs 7oz., 21in.

DS1 was bottlefed and DS2 nurses, and even though sometimes I am so extremely touched out and done, especially with teething, I have to say the teething experience with DS1 was much worse, and I actually got a lot less sleep. He would just cry and stay awake. It was miserable. Even though DH would do the nighttime parenting for this, I still wouldn't sleep hearing him miserably cry with DH. At least even if DS2 is nursing a ton at night, I'm getting SOME sleep. I am thankful for being able to nurse DS2 during teething. Just something to consider.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine