Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Dry nurse once/night for 2 months now - where is my period?

Default Dry nurse once/night for 2 months now - where is my period?

I day weaned my 20 month old 2 months ago. I nurse once at night but am pretty sure it's just dry nursing as he never swallows and I never see any milk (even when I squeeze my breasts). I am anxiously awaiting my first postpartum period to arrive as we are ready for another baby. I am 36, so I am more impatient. I became pregnant at 34 with this baby after one try and have had regular periods before then. I am not interested in taking synthetic drugs to jumpstart my cycles, but I'm open to acupuncture or natural herbs. Do I have to stop the dry nursing, as well, to get things going? Is it the suckling not the lactation that is still keeping af away? And I've also read that the longer you nurse the longer it takes for your cycles to resume once you wean. True? Thanks for any insight!

Default Re: Dry nurse once/night for 2 months now - where is my peri

just a thought, but is it possible you could already be pregnant?
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God

Ha ha, nope! Took a test earlier this month for the heck of it and haven't had sex since then.

Dry-nursing once a night shouldn't be keeping your cycle away. I mean, some moms don't get their periods back until they wean completely but it sounds like you're already there if there's no milk. A little nipple stimulation shouldn't be enough to suppress your cycle. I'd see your doc.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I'll add we co sleep and I just remembered I nursed LO for a week straight about 6 weeks ago (had milk) when he was sick. I noticed maybe a few weeks ago that I had dried up, so maybe it's just slow in returning and I guess it's really been less than a month of noticing no milk.