Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Freezing after refrigerating for 1-2 days?

Default Freezing after refrigerating for 1-2 days?

Just like the title says... is there any issue with freezing milk that has already been in the fridge for a day or two? I've somehow gotten ahead of what I need, by almost a full day's supply, and wanted to freeze some to save space in the fridge (and also get to where he's getting the freshest possible stuff in DC during the day). Any issues with this whatsoever?

Default Re: Freezing after refrigerating for 1-2 days?

Nope. Go ahead and freeze it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

As a follow up to this, how long can it be in the fridge before you freeze it?

One of my books, can't remember if it's lll r dr swears, says that theoretically you can do the max of each sequentially: 6 hours room temp, then 6 days in the fridge, then6 months in deep freeze. I've never done hat - I try to freeze same day if I can - but I also read on one f hose books that you should just use common sense food handling rules, which makes sense to me.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.