Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stop trying to feed my 3 1/2 months old

Default Re: stop trying to feed my 3 1/2 months old

Plus, our baby is a big healthy boy, in the 90th percentile for weight- he ain't starving so back off!

Ya I would definitely get some information for your family about babies digestive systems. They aren't even supposed to have infant cereal until they are 6 months so I bet peanut butter and pickles are a definite no thank you!

Hi mama,
    Last edited by @llli*hyperfish; April 14th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

My dd is now 14 month old. She has nursed from day one to now.

I had the same issue.. i dont get why people have this thing about feeding people and then not bothering to ask the mother if thats ok. Where is the respect?

anyway i wanted to let you know my hubby was supportive too, but he gave her small sips of his juice, tiny pieces of food and sometimes sweet things.. ALL of which he knew i didnt want her to have YET. Started at 6 months and drinking stuff started a little earlier, plus my MIL would try and give her stuff too...WOULD DRIVE ME CRAZY..even though she knew i didnt want her too. # 1/3 months is way too little to be giving foods. Their little digestive systems are not fully formed until around 6 months and allergies can occur before that timebecause of this.

anyway when i was around which was most of the time i would either just let hubby do it.. because it was just one sip and he needed to feel like he got to do things he wanted too.. if i really objected him and my MIL would know about it and they would not give it to her.

She is still bf, nothing has stopped her wanting to bf. Dont worry.. i think its more then just milk for babies. They bond with you and its comforting and nurturing. Mine doesnt seem to want to give it up even though now at 14 months she eats lots of things.. (healthy mind you)

You do need to voice your thoughts cos people just dont think and are not very respectful. good luck mama [/QUOTE]