Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: My baby won't eat

Question My baby won't eat

I have a 1 yr old girl. I've been an at home mom all this time and I just stared working part time. The problem is that my daughter refuses to eat when I'm gone. She's still working on eating table food, she didn't eat baby food, she gags when she drinks whole milk. All she wants is breast milk from my breast. I pump and she won't take it out of a cup or a bottle. So when I go to work, my daughter goes on these food strikes and gives her father and the sitter the fits ( putting it in a nice way ). She will cry for hours ( till she falls asleep )It is causing problems in my home. My husband just started a new job as well. My sitter is leaving every night frustrated. I need help on what to do. I want to continue to nurse but I need her to take her milk out of a cup

Default Re: My baby won't eat

That sounds so frustrating, mama! Have you tried lots of different sippy cups and bottles? And when it comes to solids, is your LO allowed to self-feed and to snack? Lots of kids resist sit-down meals but will graze on snacks all day long.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yep! I have tried all kind of different sippy cups. I found one that she likes and she still won't drink breast milk out of it. She will self feed for me but when it comes to her dad and the sitter, she won't. So they let her graze because they feel she will be hungery. When they do that she drains me nursing when get home from work

Having baby drain you- both physically and emotionally- is pretty normal when you've returned to work. She doesn't see you all. day. long. When she gets a chance to reconnect, she's going to take it 1000%. So even if your sitter and husband manage to push solids, that's no guarantee of reduced nursing intensity or better daytime behavior.

Have your sitter And husband tried getting baby out of the house during the day? Often a toddler will miss mom less when out and about, since she's in an interesting environment that isn't filled with constant reminders of you. Se may also eat better when out and about, just because she'll burn lots of energy playing and then be hungry.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"