Re: 6 month old loosing weight :(
Sorry, mama! It must be so discouraging to be doing everything right and yet not see the results you're hoping for. I think in this sort of situation therer's no one sure way to "fix" things, so you try a whole bunch of different things at once. I think I'd want to do the following:
- Don't hate me for suggesting this, but I would stop letting her sleep through the night. Babies can take in quite a lot of calories at night.
- Offer to nurse more often during the day. Some very mellow, non-demanding babies forget to nurse enough, particularly as they get older and get busy playing instead of eating. I'd aim for offering every 2 hours during the day, or more often if baby wants.
- Focus on high-calorie solids, things like beans, meats, whole-milk yogurt, avocado. You can also add a drizzle of olive oil to low-cal foods.
- Get an iron test? That wasn't in the battery of tests you mentioned, thigh maybe it's covered under the CBC? I have read that anemia can result in slow growth.
- Think about your stature and your baby's daddy's stature. Are you big people or small people? Fat people or slender people? Genes play a big part in a baby's size, and smaller, slenderer parents tend to produce smaller, slenderer babies. There's such a huge range of normal, and sometimes the charts don't tell you everything you need to know.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"