Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does your LO get this? Google has scared me

Default Does your LO get this? Google has scared me

I think I remember one of my other kid going through the same thing, but since birth, at times, usually after nursing close to my body, exactly one half of Teddy's face is red. It's like a perfectly symmetrical difference from the top of his scalp down his nose and chin and everything. It's the side he's had up against me. It's freaky bc it literally is half way dividing his whole head. I do vaguely remember, like I said, one of my other ones getting it, but does anyone else have experience so I can put google behind me and ask at my next appt?
    Joanie, SAH Mama to Rose (3 yo), Elijah (1 yo) and Teddy (born 2/18/12)

Default Re: Does your LO get this? Google has scared me

Does it go away right away? I know I can get marks in my skin, say if I sit on an afghan then I can get afghan marks in my legs or whatever. If it goes away right away it's not a big deal.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

That happens pretty often in newborns because they get more heat and blood flow to the side of the body they are laying on while nursing. Totally normal unless something else pops up at the same time that gives you concern, in which case it could be irritation caused by your laundry detergent, soap, etc.
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!

SURPRISE!!! We caught the first PP egg and are currently baking baby BOY #4! Due to arrive late-Jan/early-Feb

This used to happen with Joe too. He has really, really sensitive skin, so it seems like everything makes him go red and blotchy! But I clearly remember him being very red on one side after side-lying nursing or baby-wearing.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

It goes right away. this is another baby, but it looks like this. It struck me as weird bc it's exactly symmetrical.

http://www.whigham.org/baby/Mar04/Ma...urns%20red.jpg
    Joanie, SAH Mama to Rose (3 yo), Elijah (1 yo) and Teddy (born 2/18/12)

This happens to my LO. I figured it had something to do with her being pressed against me. He face goes back to its normal color shortly after she is down eating.