Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lidocaine in Breast?

Default Re: Lidocaine in Breast?

Ugh. I hope the bleeding stops soon. When I had my biopsy, there was a lot of milk leaking out of the incision site. I hope you don't have that, at least?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Its not coming out of the site of incision, just some of my ducts at the nipple. I fed him around 11 on the left because he was getting annoyed with me not offering it (its his favorite side). He drank a bit and then fell asleep so I am guessing it didn't bother him at all! Thanks jomo
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mskalinin View Post
    Its not coming out of the site of incision, just some of my ducts at the nipple. I fed him around 11 on the left because he was getting annoyed with me not offering it (its his favorite side). He drank a bit and then fell asleep so I am guessing it didn't bother him at all! Thanks jomo
    If it's not bothering him, I'd just go ahead and nurse on that side, even though there is some blood. It doesn't take much blood to color the milk pink, so I bet it's not as much as it looks like, you know? Everything I've read says that a little blood in milk doesn't hurt babies. I sure hope it gets better soon! My biopsy experience was actually pretty traumatic, one of the hardest things I've gone through in my breastfeeding history. Because of all of the milk coming from the incision site, I had to almost-wean off that side to heal it. I really hope your experience is not as tough - the fact that your baby is a lot older will help. I had my biopsy when Joe was only four months old, was nursing all the time, and I had oversupply!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Oooh that would have been so rough! At 4 months I had OS, too, and OALD in that side. Now leftie produces less than rightie, but my son still prefers it because the milk comes out faster. And something makes me think the milk there is a bit creamier, he always falls asleep on that boob

Thanks for all the help!!
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!