Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: RSV at 10 mos, decreased appetite

Default RSV at 10 mos, decreased appetite

Our dd has had a bad bout of colds that turned into RSV, which I hear is fairly common. Her appetite has decreased and she's not sleeping great. Anyone else have this? Any tips or suggestions?

We are using a nebulizer and I'm nursing more frequently when I'm home. While I'm at work, she takes expressed milk w bottles but not overly interested in bottles right now, nor in foods.

At night, I put her to bed on her crib, and when she wakes up, I bring her into bed.

Default Re: RSV at 10 mos, decreased appetite

There is this electronic nose sucker at Walgreens that is incredible. It can make nursing easier. Coupled with a bit of saline. I'm sorry she has RSV that is no fun Sounds like you are doing everything you can. Just gotta wait it out I guess.
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

We had to do breathing treatments a month or so ago too...no fun at all! My DD was also very congested & had a bad cough, we used saline to clear her nose so she could breathe. It helped some, definitely more than the regular suction bulb - the electronic nose sucker sounds interesting though, I'll have to look for one of those! We also used a bath towel to prop her crib mattress at one end so she wasn't laying totally flat. It took her a night or 2 to get used to this but it did seem to help her sleep better (she sleeps all night in her crib). Also a cool mist humidifier in her room, which we ran constantly. A lot of the humidifiers also have vapor inserts that you can stick inside so that they blow vaporized air. There are Vicks plug-ins too, but we didn't use those so I'm not sure how effective they are. We also just kept her at home as much as possible so that she could rest & her immune system could recover. Nursing more is great too!

I hope she feels better soon - it's no fun to have a sick LO!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

about the humidifier. We also have one running constantly. Sick kids or not haha
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!