Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: cold and solids

Default cold and solids

my 5 month old ds has had a cold for the past few days and has not been eating as much in the way of solids or bf'ing. Usually he would lunge at the spoon when I have been feeding him. He does have a stuffy nose. Could he be not eating as much because of his cold? Also when using the spoon after the food is in his mouth he seems to want to suck on his upper lip? What is with that?

Default Re: cold and solids

It could be hard for him to breathe.
    My ped. recommended using Ocean Saline spray for babies, I have also used the spray mist little noses and it did not irritate my babies nose and she was alot happier!!!
    I suggest some way, unclogging your baby's nose. My baby also didn't want to eat solids when she was sick so she ate BM until she felt better.

Your baby might be teething, my little one does that sometimes when her gums are really bothering her.
    Good luck and I hope your baby feels better!!!

elliesmom is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

When Ellie is sick, all she wants is her momma's milk. She hasn't eaten any solids for several days now because she has a little cold.

I agree, this is normal. I find that sometimes it helps to run the shower in the bathroom with the door closed and get it all steamy in there and then nurse...sorta like a cheaper humidifier...it helps unclog thier noses I guess.