Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Camping out at breast?

Default Camping out at breast?

My LO has started a "fun" new game (which I hate at 3am). She wakes up to nurse, latches on fine, nurses for 10 minutes, stops to burp and then never latches again. She wants the breast to touch her lips and screams if I pull it away. As long as the breast is touching her lips or slightly in her mouth she is smiling, happy and wide awake. We have been sitting here for over 1 hour and still the same thing...camped out on the breast not bursing but if I take her off it all heck breaks loose with screaming and crying.
    Any suggestions?

Default Re: Camping out at breast?

Hello!

Glad to see that I am not the only one up at this hour. My daughter is a very touchy eater as well. The problems I ran into were her eating on one breast but kept pulling away but then would cry and kept latching on and pulling away. I finally broke down and gave her a pacifier. I think she justs wants something to suck on and was not actually wanting to eat. If your not keen on giving your LO a pacifier you may try letting her suck onyour pinky.

HTH

Christina

Smile Re: Camping out at breast?

It sounds like you are being used as a human passifer.
    I am new too so I do not have any suggestions but I do offer support...Good Luck!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk

Default Re: Camping out at breast?

Thanks! I will try a pacifier - I know we have one downstairs but have not tried it yet.