Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Human pacifier all night long

Default Re: Human pacifier all night long

Wow thank you all so much! It is comforting knowing I'm not the only one.

Lol, oh no, you are not the only one. Mine is 18 mo and is just now starting to sleep better at night and not always have to nurse to sleep or stay latched. It's funny that now that he only wakes up maybe 2 times a night I feel as though I am getting SO much rest. I'm sure it will get better!
    FT working momma to a 9/11/10 busy boy and 11/13/12 happy little man.
    Also wife to hubs since 8/23/08, bonus momma to H (girl) -99 and G (boy)-03

sign me up...my almost 15 month old is the same way. i work nights and on nights i am not home she sleeps 10+ hours in her crib for her daddy....but 5 minutes after i crawl into bed, she wants to nurse constantly.....she already had her molars and her i teeth...but she is just starting to walk on her own.
    Jenna, momma to Lillian (1/1/11)
    Cosleeping, cloth diapering
    milk donated to date: 3182 ounces

Lovin this support group! Lol
    My 13 month old is the same! Although, he's a little bit better at night about not staying latched on ALL night....i stiil cant really sneak away...he wakes up within 15-20 minutes. Naps..he's got me hostage...lol...he stays latched on the entire nap.
    Mercedes

1st time mommy to lil D 2/19/11

LOVE

My DS did this too but somewhere around age 2 it passed and I still nursed him to sleep but then I could get up or lay him down and he would sleep for about 2 hours. I think they just go through those stages.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

I am in the same boat! Just the other day though, I had a realization check. While being admitted to the ER the other night, I thought to myself what if the ER trip would resultin an into an over night stay at the hospital? My babie would have a terrible night without me and his milkie and What if something worse could have happened to
    Mommie? He would be traumatized without Mommie and his milkie !! So I decided to wean him and save him possible heartache later... Although, it has been challenging for babie and Mommie , we have survived the first 48 hours. Even though my babie has been unhappy with the decision, he
    still has Mommie right beside him holding him and whispering sweet things in his ear!!

To all you Moms out there, don't give up! Let go when you are ready to let go, but by all means try to keep in mind the possibilities of trauma to your baby
    if something were to happen to you. God forbid!

What? Are you saying that you decided to wean your baby completely just because you MIGHT go to the hospital overnight? Do you mean night wean or wean completely?

I figure that my baby can handle it for a night or two if I have an emergency and have to be away. What do you mean by let go when you are ready to let go, ca.sbabie?

My baby would be pretty traumatized if something happened to me, with or without nursing. I don't nurse my 3.5 year old and she would be pretty heartbroken. I really don't understand what you are talking about?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I'm with tracie - if there were a tragedy or emergency and I wasn't around, my baby would have to go on without me. No need to sever any ties just in case, as practice, whatever - that just means doing it more than necessary! Same thing with giving bottles or formula - no need to do those just in case. If and when it ever becomes necessary, we would figure it out.
    DS1 6/7/11
    DS2 10/29/13

Nursing, pumping, cloth-diapering, babywearing, working professor mama with the awesomest SAHD ever.

DS2 still nurses at night, and it is especially useful for teething times. I am in the military and have had to leave my little guy for 6 weeks right after he turned 2. But he still nurses! No need to wean just in case!
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

It looks like this thread could go off-track pretty easily... Please keep responses focused on the OP.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--