Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Kankersores?

Default Kankersores?

Has anyone ever had their LO get kankersores from sucking on their lips? My DD is teething bigtime right now & last night I noticed a little spot on the inside of her cheek, right near the front of her mouth. It looks and feels like a kankersore. This morning I noticed a few spots on the other side of her cheek in the same place (near the front of her mouth, right between her gum lines. DH seemed to think it was kankersores from sucking on her lips (she's sucking/chewing on EVERYTHING right now) but I'm worried that it might be thrush. We have both been on antibiotics in the last couple months (DD in January, me a few weeks ago). I've been taking probiotics daily since starting my abx tho. I have been having some nipple pain for a little bit but I was thinking it was due to poor latch b/c of the teething and it wasn't getting any worse so I was pretty sure it wasn't yeast, but now I'm wondering. I treated for thrush for several months in the fall but never saw it in DD's mouth so I don't really know what it looks like. As far as I could tell there were no spots anywhere else in her mouth, but she wasn't too happy about me pulling on her lips & trying to see so I couldn't get a great look.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I call her pedi? Or wait & see if it gets worse? I think I'll go get some probiotic powder to put in her mouth either way...can't hurt!

Thanks!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

Default Re: Kankersores?

Just thought I should update this in case anyone else ever wonders the same thing...we took DD to the doc tonight & she confirmed that she has a few little spots of thrush in her mouth I'm bummed but we seem to have caught it early before it started to really bother her, so that's good. So for now we're back to boiling & sterilizing everything...

In retrospect, kankersores were very unlikely since she only has 2 teeth I was just really not wanting it to be yeast...
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong