Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Green poo

Lightbulb Green poo

I have a 2 month old who always seems to be having gas pains all throughout the day, everyday
    She is also always straining, enough that she now has a umbilical hernia. I know it isn't constipation
    Because she has bowels movements everyday, however they are almost always very watery, and sometimes green. She also gets fussy when i fee her, she kicks around and will pull off my breast. Is this a sign of hyperlactation?

Default Re: Green poo

Welcome to the forum! What you describe does suggest that oversupply is a possibility. Here are additional symptoms to look for:
    - baby coughs, chokes, splutters, gags, or makes a clicking or clucking sound while nursing
    - if baby pulls off the breast during a letdown, you may observe milk squirting or streaming from the breast
    - babies stools are consistently green, frothy, or watery
    - baby is very gassy
    - baby gains weight very quickly
    - if mom is pumping, she may be able to pump multiple oz of milk with ease
    - mom may frequently feel engorged or "full"
    - mom may leak frequently
    - baby may avoid comfort nursing
    If you're not seeing quite a lot of these symptoms, I don't know that you want to go right to oversupply as an explanation for what you are seeing, because there are other potential explanations.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Green poo

Thanks! Whats the best way to go about fixing this? Ive heard of the block feeding but I'm not sure exactly how to go about it