Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: quick survey

Default quick survey

Hey Mamas..
    Curious to know when ya'll got your AF back! I have been BF on demand and my son is 10 months old and THANK G-D still no AF....just wondering if this is normal and wondering how much longer it will go on for...

thanks for your input!

Default Re: quick survey

i got it around 13 or 14 months pp i think.
    its normal to not get it back for quite awhile. when it does start up it can be irregular (really short and really long cycles) and thats also normal. once i had a 64 day long cycle so keep an eye out for that.
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

8 months with DD1 and 12(ish) months with DD2. I never really got AF back with DD2 - I just got pregnant on what should have been my first cycle. I think 12-14 months is considered pretty average for the exclusively breastfed baby. Even once solids are introduced if your son is still a hearty nurser 12+ months is normal. Unless of course you have other concerns about why it may have not returned - then I would talk them over with your healthcare provider. Otherwise, enjoy the break!

Average is 15.5 months.

Mine has come back at 12 months to getting pregnant at 16 months with no AF. Even with pumping exclusively this fourth baby, I didn't get it back until just 6 weeks ago.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Eight weeks. Yeah, that's right - weeks.

About 6 months. I worked part time so I was pumping some.

14 months and 11 months
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

15 months. I pump weaned at 12 months, so I was no longer pumping at work. I wonder if AF might have held off longer if I had continued pumping or been nursing him all day.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

4 months, 3 months, and 9 months. And when it came back it was almost perfectly 28 days, like clockwork.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

I started on the mini pill after a couple weeks PP with my first two babies. But this time around, it took me a while to get around to picking up the prescription. I had a little bit of stabbing pain shortly after I stopped PP bleeding, and thought "no way can I be ovulating yet!" and I tried to ignore the possibility. However, two weeks later-- and just two days after finally starting on the mini pill-- I had a full-blown period. Guess it's a good thing I took the mini pill after my other babies, or I might have ended up with these boys a whole lot closer together!
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God