Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Milkies Milk-Saver?

Default Milkies Milk-Saver?

Not sure where to post this...but anyone ever tried these? I was curious about them with DS as I used to leak SO MUCH, especially in the early days, on the side I wasn't nursing from. Seemed like such a waste of milk. Was thinking about getting them to have with this new little one who is due soon...Thanks ladies!

http://www.amazon.com/Milkies-Milk-S...m_cr_pr_sims_t
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135

Default Re: Milkies Milk-Saver?

Looks interesting.
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

someone gave me a pair when she was done with them; she'd get most of 4oz during a nursing that way! i never leaked much so i never tried them, but i'd sure want to save it if i had.

My friend lent me one because my other boob would leak when I used my hand pump at school. I never used it because it was large and I didn't really leak that much. I really don't know how I could walk around with them in and not look ridiculous. I am small and have small breasts though, so having anything in there would make it noticibly different.

After reading the other replies, I never even thought about using them when nursing lol. Then they might be worth it. Although I'm sure you could fashion something homemade much cheaper.

I have a set, and they were useful in the early days when I was trying to nurse my fourth baby, despite his cleft, and leaked like crazy from the other side. I could fill the little cup thingie. I would never ha e used them between feedings, as yes, it looked silly, but every drop I didn't have to pump was awesome.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thanks, ladies! I think I might give them a try, despite the price, to use during nursing.
    Blessed with DS - born 9/2/09 - nursed/pumped for 12 months
    Blessed with DD - born 3/27/12 my dreamfeeder

903 ounces donated.
    http://www.wakemed.org/landing.cfm?id=135