Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: No LLL in my area!

Default No LLL in my area!

I followed the link to find a LLL in my area, and there isn't one listed in Eastern Ky.

It's such a shame because I'm sure there are many who would benefit from meetings and having a network of women to support.

I wish there was somthing I could do!

Default Re: No LLL in my area!

bummer is there a group that is close?
    Thoose leaders might know somebody else that's in your area.
    Sometimes leaders move and don't start a group.
    IF you think you might want to be a leader you can talk to one of them and it can be done with out having a group near by.

Maybe you could become a leader. I think you have to bf for at least one year and do training.

There is not one in my area either. The closest is 1.5 hours away. I used to go before we moved, so I know what I am missing. I find it tough there is none here too. I hope to do something about that eventually, I am brainstorming some ideas. Even just inviting other nursing moms to form an informal moms group might help. Thats what I am looking at, with maybe forming an actual LLL group down the road. There is lots of info on that on the main website.

Let me know if you have any other ideas on how to connect with other nursing moms! I hope that you are able to find some support. Thankfully we at least have this forum!

you might want to contact your local wic office, they sometimes have breastfeeding classes and support groups. ours used to.

I just stumbled onto this page on the LLLI website, about one option for starting a breastfeeding support group if no LLL Leaders or LLL groups are in your area:

http://www.llli.org/FAQ/LLLgroup.html

wow thats cool! Thanks rebecca!