Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick survey: How many feedings @ night?

Default Quick survey: How many feedings @ night?

Just wondering how many times y'all feed your babies at night. Please post age and weight if possible as well... Just trying to gauge what's normal.

Default Re: Quick survey: How many feedings @ ni

9 month old, 2x a night, 20 lbs, 10 oz.

At 13.5 months he wakes up 2-3 times a night still.
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

Red face Re: Quick survey: How many feedings @ ni

I have learned that nothing is "normal" when it comes to babies sleep habits. To start with, my Lo would mostly STTT. She weighed 8lb 11 oz at birth. I was so excited......but it didn't take long for that to change.. From there is has just gone crazy. Some nights she wakes up 2-3 times, occasionally not at all. She is 15 weeks old now and weighs around 17lbs. Best advice I can give you is to co-sleep. If it were not for that I would be exhausted! She is in the bed with me. I just let her nurse to sleep. I don't move her....not even to burp. Most of the time I fall asleep before she is finished.
    Mom to Kaleb born 7/24/08......clueless about BF and began to supplement. Supply was gone at 8 weeks.

Sarah Beth born 11/29/11.....found this forum(lifesaver) and glad to say she has only had BM since day 1 and we are still going strong!

18 months and just dropped down to 1-2 from 3-4 in the past month. AND twice in the past week slept 11 hours straight! He's about to get his canines though so I don't expect it to last.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

When Joe was about 10 months old, he would feed 8-12X per night, MINIMUM. That was really rough. He kept up with more than 6X until he was about 20 months old, then it quickly went down to only 1-2X per night (but he would still wake at other times, just not to nurse). Now he's weaned, but he still wakes up at night and needs snuggles. Every child is different.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

13 months old, bottlefed, and he wakes about 6-9 times a night. 22 lbs.

My third woke at least 9 times a night for over a year and still wakes once.

My second was STTN by 12 months

My first...we forced him by night weaning with DH's help.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My previous son fed every 2 hour, did not STTN until 21 months. My current baby is 12 weeks feeds every 3-4 hours and wt is 14 LB. So every child is different
    Working mommy to Cat, Nikki, Brandon and baby Lucas
    exclusively for the second time!
    we made it 21 months with previous son and 9 months and counting with Lucas

She is 4 months actual/3 adjusted. 12.5 pounds. Usually 3-4 times, though last night she went 11 hours. (!!)
    of course, I still woke up 3 times to make sure she was breathing. Motherhood is wild.
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

23 months, around 25 lbs (IDK for sure since she hasn't been in for a checkup since 18 months), nurses 2x per night unless she is in bed with me, in which case it's more like 4-5 times a night.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"