Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Another Cup Size!!!!!

Default Not Another Cup Size!!!!!

I am a natural C cup. Perfect for me. In October when Michelle was born..D cup. No problem, epected that. At 9 weeks i went to a DD. Wardrobe problems, but Doc says this is normal and not to worry. Should stay that way as long as I am BF. Now, once again, at 5 months, my cup runneth over, way over. Went to the doc last week and he said get refitted for a larger bra or go to bottle feeding. This is my first baby and this is so special for me. Just can't stop. I am very diligent about using oil onn my breasts, but I am losing the battle and getting stretch marks. I'm not sure what the next cup size is..F, FF, DDD. My clothing battle is lost. Back to wearing maternity tops. My reading says that one or two cup sizes is normal for a BF mom. I would love to hear what other moms have experienced and BTW..what exactly is the next cup size. HELP

Default Re: Not Another Cup Size!!!!!

Do you pump? Pre baby I was a B...after my milk came in I was a large C....and now since I don't pump or anything I am a B. My milk has adjusted to fit his exact needs. Occasionally I feel like my bra is getting snug because of a growth spurt or something and my son nurses more to bring up supply. I think when it comes to your doc....he is a man and frankly I would not hold on too tight to what he has to say...has he ever breastfed a baby?

Married to Josh 05/07/2005
    Grace 12/17/2006 FF
    Emma 01/22/2008 EP
    Frank 06/26/2011 EBF

"While breastfeeding may not seem like the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby" Amy Spangler

**** 8 beautiful months and going strong ****

Thanks for writing. I do pump but my daughter is demanding more and more and feeding on both breasts instead of just one. When i do pump I am noticing much more milk than before. I was thinking that the supply is trying to keep up with the demand. Doc did not agree. "just buy a bigger bra". easy for him to say. Also managing my breasts as I BF is more of a problem. I have to be more careful. Sometimes she has trouble latching on. I have my pre-baby figure back (tall and thin) but my bustline is so oout of proportion. My mother says I look like an exotic dancer. Too uncomfortable to wear my old bras today so it is off to buy the next cup size..and maybe change docs....thanks so much for you help..I am new to this..

my bra cup changed quite a few times, went up to a DD at around 3 months, stayed there, and then after around 6 or 7 months started to decrease slowly. now i'm a B, and on the small side! although the breast size changes throughout the day as it fills and empties.

i had huge OS for the first 8 months. my breast size started to go down when baby started to eat solids and sleep longer hours. it only went back to B (my original size) after 10 months, when my period came back and finally my supply adjusted.

not sure if i'm typical or not, but thought i'd share an example. the breasts get a life of their own during BF.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

I wore 4 different sized bras during pregnancy. I am on my third size during breastfeeding. And I didn't have any for the biggest times. I think every mama has different patterns.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I went from C to friggin' H during nursing. I wish I could say this was super hot, but oh my goodness, it just wasn't. I was pretty unhappy with my ginormous knockers. Thankfully they started to go back down to their normal size around 5-6 months postpartum. It's just temporary. Changes in size like you describe are a PITA, but they're normal, mama. Not everyone will see their size go up 6 cup sizes like I did, but it does happen (seems to be those of us blessed with a great milk supply, i.e., oversupply, go up higher than those with more "normal" supply, but who knows?). I don't think pumping has anything to do with it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Did go to JCP and got fitted. I am a DDD or F. Both are the same. With my band size (36), there were not to many choices in the larger cup sizes. I did find one bra that is very comfortable and actually somewhat pretty, (nice touch ). Bought two. I learned a lot about the fluctuating size of breasts while BF. It was a comfort to know that some mothers start small, go big and then back to normal. I guess everyone is different. Also my doc apparently has no idea what happens to our breasts at this time of our lives, so he is gone. Ok, my wardrobe problems aren't going to go away anytime soon and the "girls" are big. I am a new mom and I just adore my little girl and I am going to BF, for her and me. Wouldn't want to change it. Thanks moms for all the great info and when my breasts start to "retreat", if they want to stop at a D cup, I won't mind...lol...Thanks again ladies

You sound like me. Whenever I would see a small breasted woman nursing I would get so jealous! I went from barely filling a 34B to an overflowing 36DD. No stretch marks on my belly or sides but by breasts look like a disaster! And out of proportion, too. I was back into a size 4 after a couple of months but my top made me look like I was going to topple over, haha. Pre-baby pants fit, but I had to buy all new tops. And, the difference in my two breast sizes became even more pronounced through all of this.

Luckily, after the first 3-4 months I was back into a D cup for the most part, but it varied throughout the day depending on when I last nursed or pumped. DS cut way back on nursing around 13 months and my breast responded by shrinking all the way back down to a B cup again in a matter of no time. I guess my point is, breast size can be all over the place and it is all still normal.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

I think your dr is right though it's normal...some women's breast don't change much and others change a lot, it's genetics, and all kinds of factors that your doctor can't predict or change for you, there's no medical problems with it happening so not anything your dr would be able to do for you except what he said...wean...

For me I started with a F cup (38F) and by day three of BFing I was up at to over a I cup with DD1!

Are you wearing nursing bras if not please please consider it cause you could get clogged ducts and cause other problems by not. The best larger bras for nursing in my opinion is Elomi, but there's others out there too Goddess and such but they didn't hold us as long a Elomi has for me. I wear a 38 H of theirs. Oh Anitas are also good, but they only go up to H cup and their H cup was too small for me.

Between bfing my breast go back down to a F just fine.

On the wardrobe front, well that's another problem. The majority of ready to wear clothing is based on a B cup, and so is most patterns for sewing as well. I buy ELD patterns her's are based on a NURSING D cup (sorry regular maternity blouses don't fit me either, my breast are spilling out of them too when I nurse, as they are made for a nursing B cup-so yeah probably around a DD or F but not for a H or G or I cup. I've been pretty happy with the ELD patterns and also with kwik sew, as the kwik sew only needs a small little adjustment to make the patterns fit me, otherwise other brands it's a huge remake and literally reconfiguration of the pattern. To buy off the rack I have to buy like a 3x shirt, sometimes 4x and look stupid cause it only fits my breast, the rest of me only wears a medium! lol Medium pants, etc....so the shirt is crazy big in the arms, and stomach, etc, only right size in the boobs....yeah making my own has become the better option! lol

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

I also had the problem of being relatively petite in the shoulders, with HUMUNGOUS boobs while nursing. So I needed a size large for my breasts, but it would look wrong in the shoulders, etc. I was all about soft, drapey tops without defined shoulder seams, or, with tops where the boobs were exploding out, scarves to cover the cleavage and keep things more modest. It's really only a couple months and then they will likely start to go back to a nice normal size (don't expect them to be perkier, of course ), so you can get through it.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.