Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: help! shingles, pumping, travel etc.

Default Re: help! shingles, pumping, travel etc.

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! I've been thinking about you a lot!

I think our LO's can sense when we're not feeling well...they are very sensitive. I had a stomach flu a month or so ago & felt so awful...all I did was sleep & nurse all day. I was worried b/c my DD can get pretty fussy/impatient/wiggly if my let down doesn't happen quickly, but she was a perfect nursing angel all day I never even felt my let downs and she nursed more often than usual, but was very calm, not wiggly or fussy and I was sooo grateful! Sounds like your baby girl is very sweet and sensitive too!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*joe.s.mom View Post
    This is you, mama:
    Oh JoMo, you're so sweet. I'm not sure I deserve it... I think given all the options, to keep breastfeeding her was the easiest and best for the two of us. At least I can't imagine otherwise.

We all do crazy things for our little ones, no? We find strength we didn't know we had. That's how I feel.

Thanks again for the support. It makes such a difference.
    march 2011... the light of my life

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juliasmomma View Post
    I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! I've been thinking about you a lot!

I think our LO's can sense when we're not feeling well...they are very sensitive. I had a stomach flu a month or so ago & felt so awful...all I did was sleep & nurse all day. I was worried b/c my DD can get pretty fussy/impatient/wiggly if my let down doesn't happen quickly, but she was a perfect nursing angel all day I never even felt my let downs and she nursed more often than usual, but was very calm, not wiggly or fussy and I was sooo grateful! Sounds like your baby girl is very sweet and sensitive too!
    Juliasmomma, thank you so much for the thoughts... that's so nice. It makes me feel less alone. On top of everything, we live far away from family and friends (we just moved across country last summer), so I've been feeling so isolated and I've missed the support I'd usually have from loved ones if they were nearby.

I agree with you that our babies are very sensitive. My baby is so cooperative. I remember when she was about 5 months and I had a terrible plug, or plugs, that took over a quarter of my breast and made my supply tank for a couple of days. She was still EBF at that point, no solids or water or anything else. And she put up with that day of low supply (slept more than usual), and nursed and nursed, and then nursed so well that she finally unplugged me. It really made me realize how BFing is a relationship that takes two partners who rely on each other... (not to mention, of course, the support from husbands etc). I have to say my baby has been the most amazing BF partner I could hope for...

thanks again.

i love my little one

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kmanih View Post
    It really made me realize how BFing is a relationship that takes two partners who rely on each other...
    You are so right! I can't imagine doing it any other way

How are you feeling this week?

juliasmomma,

you're so sweet--thanks for asking! the lesions are all dried up, which means they're not active or contagious anymore. the pain is mostly gone, although sometimes it flares up and makes the breast a little sore. but that's nothing compared to the first ten days!

and most importantly... baby doesn't have chickenpox! it's been three weeks since exposure so i think we're out of the woods.

and how are you? i read a little while ago that you had to deal with thrush in your LO? hope that's all gone now!

i love my little one

Oh good! I'm glad the worst is over for you, and especially that your LO didn't get sick

We did have thrush and it's gone from her mouth, but she has a persistent diaper rash that I think is probably yeast. We see her pedi tomorrow for her 9 mo check up so I'll ask her about it. It's just so hard to tell with yeast...my pump makes me sore and also DD has been latching kinda weird since her teeth are coming in, so I couldn't really tell if I had thrush or was just sore from the pump/bad latch Probably a little of both, so I treated for it & I'm feeling a bit better. Thanks for asking!