Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medicaid cover breast pump?

Default Medicaid cover breast pump?

I will be going back to work soon and wanted to get a nicer breast pump. Does anyone know if medicaid will cover one?

Default Re: Medicaid cover breast pump?

I don't know about medicaid, but if you qualify for WIC I think that you can get one through them.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

I have no idea about Medicaid, but under the new health care laws, your insurance company is required to pay for lactations supplies and services. Might be worth checking into if you have any sort of coverage as well.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I would go through WIC I think, however, you will need a drs rx I believe to get it through wic, otherwise they only give you hand held ones, I believe, not electric.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

Thanks! I also have insurance through my husbands work. So I'll have to find out. And while I am not currently on WIC I know I qualify. So I'll look into that too. I didn't even think about that!

http://blog.oncloudmom.com/2012/02/u...-act-lets.html about what insurance companies are now required to cover.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Depending on what state you are in and who your Medicaid provider is, yes they will cover the cost of a pump. I order pumps for mothers who have Caresource or Molina all the time. How old is your LO? Some companies will only cover the cost if it is ordered by 6 weeks PP, but it doesn't hurt to try.

With WIC as an option as well
    JoEllen married to Jason 10-29-2005.

Mama to Logan 12-26-2007
    Breastfed for 2 years and weaned on his own terms

Our Lincoln 6-11-2011 to 9-12-2011
    my homebirthed-water baby, who was born with a broken heart

And our special blessing, Leonidas 9-5-2012. A toddler who loves his "boops!"

Come visit our blog here!