Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm afraid it's over... :-(

Default Re: I'm afraid it's over... :-(

I just did my 12:30 pumping session and I feel kinda silly now. I got 5oz?!?! Now I'm wondering if it was a just a pump malfunction. I checked everything to make sure it all connected well because I thought it strange that nothing was coming out, but who knows. I am SO relieved. At least it got me to join and meet you amazing ladies!! Thank you all!!! I hope to get to know you all better!

I do have one more question though. She weighs almost 15lbs. I assume she will loose a bit when I start sending 4oz?

No. She won't. She may not gain as quickly since you have been over feeding her. But she shouldn't lose weight.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*elicia.0711 View Post
    I do have one more question though. She weighs almost 15lbs. I assume she will loose a bit when I start sending 4oz?
    She shouldn't, it prob will slow down a bit but thats OK. She is also getting to the age that she will start to gain more slowly as she learns to sit, roll, crawl etc. all that movin around is hard work!
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Also it could of went down for a bit if you took any medications, sometimes cold medications will dry up your supply. More then likely it was dehydration though. Also remember that your pump output is no indication of what she can nurse out of you, a nursling is much more efficient then any pump can be.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

Shoot, there were several times when I was sick where I could pump virtually nothing, and here I am, almost 14 months later, still pumping. You can always get your supply back just keep nursing, pumping, rehydrate, and it will work out.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Thank you for writing this post! I could have wrote it myself. My son is a little over 5 months and my supply has dropped. He attends daycare for 8 hours M-F and usually drinks 3- 4-6oz bottles per day. I try to pump 3-4 bottles a day, but about a week ago I was unable to do so and my period slightly returned. I was unable to get much milk out during those 3 days. Luckily, the weekend approached and I fed him like crazy over those 2 days. My period stopped and my supply started to come back. However, it's not where I want it to be. I'm barely getting enough to send to day care. Which is making me feel so bad that I can't provide enough for him during those hours. I've started drinking more water, mother's milk tea, and eating oatmeal this week. When should I start to see my supply jump back up? Is there anything else I should/could be doing?

Thanks for listening ladies!
    Victoria

Again. 3 4oz bottles if you are way 8-9 hours is the outside MOST you should be feeding your baby during DCP. Try sending 3-4oz bottles. 5 or 6 oz in one feeding is too much. And just because your baby WILL drink that much doesn't mean they NEED that much. Chances are the amount you pump while away IS enough for your baby but your DCP ASSUMES that as your baby gets older that he will need more milk. Not understanding the composition of breastmilk and that it grows and changes with your baby.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*vcarter321 View Post
    Thank you for writing this post! I could have wrote it myself. My son is a little over 5 months and my supply has dropped. He attends daycare for 8 hours M-F and usually drinks 3- 4-6oz bottles per day. I try to pump 3-4 bottles a day, but about a week ago I was unable to do so and my period slightly returned. I was unable to get much milk out during those 3 days. Luckily, the weekend approached and I fed him like crazy over those 2 days. My period stopped and my supply started to come back. However, it's not where I want it to be. I'm barely getting enough to send to day care. Which is making me feel so bad that I can't provide enough for him during those hours. I've started drinking more water, mother's milk tea, and eating oatmeal this week. When should I start to see my supply jump back up? Is there anything else I should/could be doing?

Thanks for listening ladies!
    Victoria
    It can take up to 2 weeks for your supply to rebound.

Try taking a calcium/magnesium supplement to help with the period dip. Make sure your pump is in tip top shape. Nurse LOTS when you are home. If baby is STTN, get up and pump; it's good for your supply. Do breast compressions while pumping.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!