Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Uneven breasts...

Default Uneven breasts...

...before baby is here?

I have always been embarassed of this, but it is a concern of mine when it comes to BF. My breasts are noticeably different in size. At least a whole cup size. Will this affect milk production, or will it be weird for the baby having to nurse from two different size breasts?

Default Re: Uneven breasts...

Mine actually evened out with BFing.

But what if they don't?

I have always had diffrent sized breasts, and that didn't change when I had my DD, I honestly haven't noticed anything inconvienient or troubling with this, and DD seemed to have no problems either, I also produce more on one side too, but It's not a problem, I just express in the shower If I don't need to pump. I'm sure you'll find as well that It really isn't a problem, and if it is, I'm betting it's a common problem that any LC or LLL leader should be able to help with.

Good luck and crongratulations!

I have the same issue, atleast a cup size or more diff between my breast. I have had no problems nursing other than she likes my smaller breast better. It is her favorite. I can nurse her on the smaller one in public, but it is too awkward to nurse her on the larger one out and about. Even though she likes the one better, she nurses well from both breast without trouble. When she was smaller I even used diff positions for each breast-football hold for the larger breast and what ever you call regular nursing on the other. I honestly don't think there is a diff in how much milk each breast produces, it seems to be the same. Baby is happy, she has adapted well since birth. It shouldn't be an issue.