Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! Nursing strike, strikes :(

Default Help! Nursing strike, strikes :(

Hello! My daughter recently turned one and is on what I feel is a nursing strike. It's day five, and it's taking it's toll, mostly on me. I believe the strike was brought on by a biting issue. For the first two days she was nursing before bed and her first nap and upon waking. For the past two days, going on three, she will not nurse at all. I am worried that she is not taking in enough fluids. She went from nursing five to seven times a day, to drinking 8 or so ounces of pumped milk a day. I am trying not to use a bottle, but I have a few times because it is the only way to get her to drink over an ounce or two. I have been pumping 5 or 6 times a day to give her milk as well as keep my supply up ( I have a newfound respect for mothers that pump to supply there babies and toddlers with breastmilk) I have tried doing everything that can sometimes help with a strike. I am trying to stay positive, but not too postive just in case my daughter is weaning. It was just so sudden and I was hoping to breast feed at least a few more months. I would love just having the morning and bedtime sessions back. I just don't know how long I should keep trying. I am posting this in hopes that other mothers with nursing strike experiences will share there story and give me hope or comfort. I don't anyone that has been in this situation. I am feeling very emotional and I never imagined I would miss it this much( It doesn't help that I started my period, my husband has to work late this week and my mom, my biggest person to vent to, is traveling, not to mention the winter storm) If you took the time to read this, thank you so much. I hope to hear from you!
    Last edited by @llli*jnw123; February 29th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Default Re: Help! Nursing strike, strikes :(

Mama, what a bummer. Nursing strikes are awful! But it sounds like you're doing all the right things. This link may have some additional tips: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"