Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Herbal teas still unsafe?

Default Herbal teas still unsafe?

I am breastfeeding my 13 month old daughter around 3 times/day - when she wakes up, 5pm when I get home, and before she goes to sleep. When she's sick it's more often, but usually no more than 2-3 feedings/day (sometimes she doesn't ask for the 5pm feeding). There were a couple of herbal teas I loved but stopped drinking when I got pregnant because it said that they should not be drunk by pregnant and lactating women. Can I start drinking them again (say after dd goes to sleep or when I am at work), or do I have to wait until she is completely weaned (assuming I'm not pregnant again by then)?

Thanks so much!

Default Re: Herbal teas still unsafe?

What teas are they?
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I am particularly interested in Yogi tea called "Calming". The ingredients are: `Chamomile, licorice root, gotu kola, hibiscus, fennel seed, lemongrass, cardamon, orange peel, barley malt, rose hip, plum, lavender (all organic, etc.). I think the problematic one was the gotu kola, but not sure... thanks so much for any advice you might have!

I think those are all okay. As always, use in moderation and you should be okay.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"