Re: Slow and now NO weight gain.
Welcome to the forum!
Basically it sounds like your LO is happy and healthy in all ways, but that he's been slow in the weight gain department. The fact that he has continued to grow in length is good- as long as growth proceeds in some dimension things can't be too bad. It's not uncommon for a baby to have a pause in weight and spurt up in height, or vice versa. I'd be a little concerned about the lack of growth in head circumference, but not overly so since I have seen my kids' heads grow and shrink in the course of a minute based on how the nurse positions the tape.
I think that in your shoes I would want to do the following:
- Co-sleep with baby and wake him throughout the night to feed if he does not spontaneously wake himself
- Offer to nurse every hour or so
- Focus on high-calorie solids (meat, beans, avocado) and add a little olive oil to the low-cal solids (veggies, fruits, cereals)
- Get baby tested for anemia
- See another doctor for a second opinion. A new doc may pick up on something your current doc missed.
Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"