Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lip tie

Default Lip tie

Have any Mommas had LOs with upper lip ties that they've had fixed? Did it make a difference in their nursing? DS was but we didn't have it fixed until he was pretty much done nursing so I don't know if it helped. DD is also and I've got sore nipples again I hesitate to put her under anesthesia to fix it though if it won't help. Any experiences would be appreciated.
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14

Default Re: Lip tie

Gavin has one, and you know how that went

What does an IBCLC or ENT think?
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

its to bad he didn't want the breast after his surgery.

The IBCLC thought her latch looked great but the tie might be what's causing the soreness.
    The ENT I saw was a jerk and told me he wouldn't fix it before he even looked at her. I made an appointment with the one that fixed my DSs but i think he'll want to do it under anesthesia. Which I'm sure she would be fine it just makes me nervous not to mention it'll be super expensive. I wish they would just cut it in the office.

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14

After what I've been through with Gav, I wouldn't be too stressed about anesthesia it is scary, but if it helps your soreness, it will be worth it.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

So I thought I'd update. We saw the ENT that fixed DSs tongue and lip on tue. To my surprise he was willing to fix DDs lip in the office since she is so young! This was less traumatic than DSs tongue tie (he had a random blood vessel that wouldn't stop bleeding) So two days later I am noticing a difference, not dramatic mind you but defiantly more comfortable. Hopefully we will get to the easy part soon!

SAHM to:
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14