Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: funny things your LO does while nursing

Default funny things your LO does while nursing

Now that DS is about 6 months old he's changed so much from the little boobie-coma nurser he was a newborn and has some funny habits while nursing. I'd love to hear what funny things your kids do while nursing around this age and what I might have to look forward to.

For instance...

- DS's new thing is to stick his hand in my mouth while nursing. He doesn't actually look at me while nursing -- he usually stares straight ahead at my sleeve and plays with the fabric of my shirt. So when he sticks his fingers in my mouth he'll just sit there, waiting...and then if I start to hum he'll get this huge smile with the nipple still in his mouth and milk runs everywhere. LOL

- when DH brings DS to me to nurse DS will come in for the approach with his arms wide open. Then when he gets in position he'll clamp his arms closed and his hands will clamp with a big THWACK! It's hilarious, DH and I call it The Boobie Clamp. He's making sure it's not going ANYWHERE.

- DS will get close to finishing and will suddenly pop off enthusiastically and look up at me with the biggest, most adoring toothless grin ever. Like, "thanks, Mom! You're the best." Then after I smile and laugh at him he'll suddenly pop back on enthusiastically. Then he'll repeat this two or three more times every minute or so until he's finally done. So funny!
    First-time mom to Markus, August 17, 2011.

Default Re: funny things your LO does while nurs

Mine is approaching 6 months as well and I can relate to the Boobie Clamp! My DD does something similar.

Sometimes if we are both really quiet and I say something DD will get a shocked look on her face. It makes me laugh.

She also talks to the boob when she sees it! I thought she was talking to me, but she is definitely talking to the breast right before she latches on!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!

Thanks for the share, SO CUTE!!
    I look forward to my guy getting that big! He is 3 mos and tries to do the boobie clamp but his arms are still small and they just get in the way.
    I do love his big smile before he goes on and when he comes off.

My first born was a robot. He just nursed and nursed with hardly any interaction. He is still so serious.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Hellchick View Post
    - DS will get close to finishing and will suddenly pop off enthusiastically and look up at me with the biggest, most adoring toothless grin ever. Like, "thanks, Mom! You're the best." Then after I smile and laugh at him he'll suddenly pop back on enthusiastically. Then he'll repeat this two or three more times every minute or so until he's finally done. So funny!
    My DS does the same thing.

He doesn't like when I talk while he eats. Whenever I speak, he pops off and gives me a look that says," Excuse mama, can't see you that I'm trying to eat?" He refuses to latch on until I am quiet. He does this every time that I open my mouth to say anything.

He also likes to squeeze my boob when he is eating. I guess he is trying to make the milk come out faster LOL
    The love of my life, Rogelio Federico aka Tre, was born on 22 July 2011.
    Active Duty Army Mom thats hates , but loves : and

ever since n started standing (she turned 10 months yesterday!) and especially now that she's cruising around, she will stick her butt in the air while bfing, and bounce it up and down. also, she's gotten into raising one leg high high in the air too. i'm not sure what she thinks she's doing but it's adorable. <3!

she's also recently gotten into exploring my nose. last week it was my mouth and teeth. especially if i was talking. now she likes to stick her finger in my nose. i let her explore a bit but then say ok, that's enough of bothering mama's nose and i tickle her. i looove tickling her a bit while she's nursing because there's nothing like a grinning baby with a nipple in her mouth. <3 <3
    ♥♥♥♥ baby girl born 4-14-2011 ♥♥♥♥
    ♥♥♥♥ baby girl born 11-14-2013 ♥♥♥♥

My DS also sticks his fingers in my nose - after he squeezes it like it's one of those honkers from Sesame Street.

I have to rock him while I'm nursing b/c the chair makes so much noise. It keeps him from hearing the noise out in the rest of the house.

And he also has to hold something - like, a burp cloth or his favorite toy (it's one of those baby blanket squares with an elephant head on it). He actually covers his face with it while he nurses.

He used to hold my finger while he nursed. I miss that one.
    Miss Sassy Pants 1/9/05 BF 13 months
    The Animal 5/25/11 . . . BF 15 months
    Flash 4/24/13 . . . BF 14 months
    Baby Diva 4/28/15....currently still BF
    Married to the man of my dreams.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

I'm a blogging mama too: www.clutteredgenius.com

My DD like to hold something too...usually a burpcloth or one of those little animal blankets like richmama described. She rubs it on her face, waves it around, etc. It keeps her busy

For awhile, she was also doing this "milk call" as DH and I called it. When she first latched on she would do this hum/yell sort of thing until the milk let down, then she's stop & nurse happily. I think the vibration helped the let-down, IDK, but it was pretty funny!

She also doesn't like when I talk while she's nursing. Sometimes she doesn't mind, but most of the time if I'm talking too much she'll stop & look at me, like I'm interrupting her or she wants my full attention on her.

It's so much fun to see her personality developing!
    DD, 7-2-2011, "Little Owl" nursed for 21 months

DS, 10-10-2013, "Mr. Man" EBF and going strong

Haha! I loved reading these! My little guy also like to have his face covered. In fact, for weeks the only way we could get him to nap was to cover his head with a blanket. Lately, he has been doing the funniest thing- he'll be busy nursing away in the middle of the night in a dark room, and he will all of the sudden pop off and stick his arm straight up in the air and stare at it for a minute, then go back to nursing. I have no idea what he is doing, but he will do it three or four times in a row!

Haha oh all these cute stories are making me laugh! Autumn is almost six months and from day one she loves to hold onto my hair while nursing. If my hair is up in a pony tail she gets soooo mad and scratches at my neck until I take it down. She also loves to hold my hair while falling asleep. But if for some reason she can't get to my hair while nursing she gets very irritated and won't nurse very well. The silly girl! I love it though
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Oh my God, I'm laughing at all of these, especially the baby who sticks her butt and legs in the air while eating!
    First-time mom to Markus, August 17, 2011.