Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: good BLS starting foods?

Default Re: good BLS starting foods?

We never used a spoon at all. Baby led all the way. He was 6months old when we started trying. Like one a week because he wasn't interested and I didn't need to push. The first time he tasted anything and put it BACK UP to his mouth he was watermelon and it was like out 4th try. He didn't actually swallow any food until between 9and 10 months I believe.

Way too lazy for formula

Thumbs up Re: good BLS starting foods?

My son is 6 months and very interested that is why I began , I wasn't planning on it , we started with avacado for a week and it was very slippery and fustrating in the begining but he got the hang of it I cut in longer pieces and he would get it in his mouth swallow what he could and spit out the rest , he is doing amazing. I was nervous about chocking , yestorday I gave him butternut squash I peeled cut into rectangles and boiled until mushy (couple of hours) and started that yestorday he enjoyed it so much it wasn't as slippery so he could grip it and a different taste deff going to stick with bls gettting the book today baby led weaning , a friend recommened it. Thank you for all of your help ladies I think I will do peas next week. I am doing all veggies first so he will get use to the taste first before the sweet fruits,
    Mommy to one little boy who changed my life 8/30/11 , loves mommys milk

Any suggestions for peas?
    Mommy to one little boy who changed my life 8/30/11 , loves mommys milk

What do you mean? Shucked peas can just be put on a tray. I live in NY so fresh vegetables are expensive in the winter. I supplement with some frozen. I find the mixed vegetables perfect for little fingers and they can pick and choose what they want out of it. And works easily for things like peas.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    What do you mean? Shucked peas can just be put on a tray. I live in NY so fresh vegetables are expensive in the winter. I supplement with some frozen. I find the mixed vegetables perfect for little fingers and they can pick and choose what they want out of it. And works easily for things like peas.
    I use frozen vegetables too, although I noticed that they add salt! WTF. I hope with a good rinse and boil the amount of salt is lowered.

Peas are awesome. AWESOME. My girls love peas, have fun picking them up and eating, and makes me feel good they are eating a green vegetable. They get peas nightly!
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Not all add salt. You need to read the package. Also, while peas are certainly a green vegetable they actually fall under the starch category, specifically when shucked.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Babies under a year should not have any salt. Their livers are not yet able to process it. So food with salt added should not be given.

Way too lazy for formula