Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: boobs to the rescue!

Default boobs to the rescue!

didn't know where to put this but it was really interesting and i wanted to share.

while was bathing my sons tonight ds2 was standing up and taking toys out of a container when he slipped and hit his head on the tub. it didn't look like much of a bonk but he was really screaming. i picked him up right away and saw that he had some blood in his mouth but he wouldn't really let me look. so i held him, rocked him, still screaming. so i sat down on the toilet and gave him the boob (i figured if he did do something bad to his mouth he would be too sore to nurse) well, it was like turning off the light switch. he was quiet sucking and calmed down immeadiately. he drained the side he popped of, the bleeding had stopped and he was perfectly fine and tried to get back in the tub (that didn't happened, my nerves had had it).

just another moment in my day when i was so thankful that i am still nursing!!!
    mom to ds daniel 12/16/09 and ben 2/27/11

Default Re: boobs to the rescue!

Awesome! I don't know how I'd be able to parent a toddler without nursing. Seriously. Every time there's a bump to the head or a skinned knee or whatever, the breast fixes it so quickly. I can't think of anything else that works as fast or as consistantly.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yep. Glad he is ok and it's such an effective tool.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Glad all is well! Had a very similar incident happen when lo was around 1 with the same result! Boobs rule
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

Heh! Love it!
    I am currently visiting my MIL. Yesterday she was taking care of Charlotte while I got a (much appreciated) nap. I woke up to the sound of Charlotte kind of fussing just as MIL walked in and said she didn't know if she was hungry or just angry. I shrugged and said "eh, a boob will fix either one!"

Nothing like a magic cure!
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.