Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing bra suggestions

Default Nursing bra suggestions

Does anyone have any good bras they'd like to recommend for large boobs? I wear a 40D and it is so hard for me to find a bra that isn't $60 or that makes me have a uniboob! My baby just turned a year and the ones I bought in the beginning are wearing out (2 of them are held together by safety pins!). I'd love to hear your favorite bra and what works about it for you!

Thanks for the insight
    Proud mom of two boys!

DS1- born 1/10/03
    and
    DS2- born 3/8/11

Default Re: Nursing bra suggestions

I like the bravado http://www.bravadodesigns.com/shop/t...ss-nursing-bra and yes they're 50 dollars but they're the best I've found and have lasted me 2.5 yrs now and still in good shape. I also really like their essential nursing tank. I've tried bras from Target and they haven't been worth it and then that's just more wasted money. I'd rather pay for a couple of nice ones that I'm really happy with.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Default Re: Nursing bra suggestions

I have to agree you probably won't find a "good" bra under 40 to 50 dollars out there for large breast. Sadly that's just the way it is.

That being said, I really like my Elomi's, I got them on sale and with a coupon online. I believe around 40 dollars each. I wear the 40G's of them currently, when full of milk I need around a 40I of theirs. They are great bras. And so far have lasted me 1 1/2 years with out looking worn at all. I have had other brands that just didn't hold up at all!

That being said, there is also measures you can take to preserve your bras longer. Granted, I've done this with other brands and it didn't help them at all, and I have totally not done most these things with the elomi's and they are still holding up!

There is special bra detergent you can use. I bought mine at My Intimacy but other places sell it too. It helps restore the elastic in the bras, and fabric, instead of breaking it down more.

Hand wash.

Hang to dry.

And the main one I always try to do, never wear them two days in a row, rotate. They need time to relax between wearings. So always try to let them rest 24 hours between wearings.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~