Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Best cloth nursing pads???

Default Best cloth nursing pads???

Ok so I am SICK of throwing away and buying disposable nursing pads. I simply can't go without them. I have an extremely sensitive let down and if I don't wear the pads I'm soaked constantly as I also have OALD. Anyway I have to wear them the entire time I am BFing, not just the first bit. I wore them clear up until DD1 weaned. Anyway, I want to invest in some nice cloth ones. I am very very small, a 32A so I don't want something massive. Does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking maybe hemp. And I'm thinking some with a curve in them would help as I'm so small the flat ones just ripple really bad. The only ones I have tried are Avent. My sister had some she used for the first couple weeks and doesn't need now but she's like a 36DD so they work for her not me So any recommendations? TIA!
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

Default Re: Best cloth nursing pads???

http://www.bosombliss.com/

And if you needed something customized smaller, I'm betting they would make them for you. (I know the makers.)
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

Oh I should also add that the Avent brand I tried didn't absorb fast enough. I would let down and it would stream out because the pads wouldn't soak up fast enough. Trish do you have some of those that you recommended? Do they absorb quickly?
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

I really like my wool breast pads, although I am having to wash them more often than expected. I bought LANA pads, they have one thats specifically designed for OALD I can't remember what it is called. They are also a lot bigger than the typical cloth pads, they're meant to cover a lot of the breast and you don't get that obvious pad look in your bra. I found mine here if you're interested.

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...roducts_id=124
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14 nursing like a champ and growing like a weed!

Yes, Sam.. I think they would work for you.
    The layer closest to your skin is fleece, so it absorbs quickly, then has a bamboo inner part (like what's in a lot of cloth diapers) and then a water proof layer on the outside (closest to the bra) so it doesn't soak through.

The other nice thing about them is that you get 8 in a pack (whereas a lot of the other reusables you only get 4) so if you're leaking a TON, you have a bunch of them to use.

The people who own bosombliss, they are Becky and Stephan. Becky had a 24 weeker she had to EP for, had vasospasm and what would have been an oversupply & OALD if she'd been nursing. She tried everything out there and just couldn't find anything for her. Her husband is very handy (he has since become a tailor) and he was determined they could make something to help her, and that's where it all started.

I give a set of the pads to just about everyone I know who nurses and so far, everyone has loved them. I didn't meet them until too late to help me when I was EPing for my son, but she gave me a set (hehe, the benefits of friendship!) when I had Charlotte and they're fantastic.
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

Thank you! I will definitely place an order here asap! I'm excited to try them!
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!