Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: need some encouragement

Default need some encouragement

so I just wanted a little pep talk here. Started work full .time and DD is 6 months almost. Stressing about how it will all go. Pumping thrice a day and having to leave at 5.30 with a demanding job where my work doesn't really end so early. Also need to shuttle between customer sites. Just wanted to hear from other moms who have done it. Thanks!

Default Re: need some encouragement

it is tough. you will find your own way soon enough though. i think coming on here and talking about it will help a bunch.

i also find that making pumping my priority at work really helps. it is easy to let work come first and feel overwhelmed. make a plan of when you will pump if you can and if your schedule or location changes, always try to plan ahead.

s

You can do it!
    I always always schedule my pumping time. Then I don't have to stress about it-blocking the time on my calendar prevents (most) meetings from conflicting.
    Do you pumpin your car as you are driving to sites? THen you can accomplish 2 things at once.
    Amble over to the pumping forum and chitchat with the ladies. Many have done it for months and months can may have pointers to make it easier.
    Being a mom is the most important job of all-don't forget that!
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Pumping in itself is not fun, so when you have to do it at your job it just makes it that much more of a chore. But remember that you are doing it for your precious baby. Nothing worthwhile is easy. You can do it! And even when you feel like you can't, don't beat yourself up about it.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Also - it might help to remember that you won't be pumping forever. There is a light at the end of the tunnel... and you are determining how long the tunnel is.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

It will get easier. You will pick up your own little tricks here and there that will make every pumping session take less time and go more smoothly.

In 6 months or so, when you pump wean, it will feel extremely liberating. Also, at that time you can look back and feel a real sense of accomplishment.
    My little man was born 12/17/2010.

Baby girl was born 4/30/2014.

thank you all for the supportive words.. Slowly in a routine now. I blocked off my calendar 3 times a day and am also able to work from the mothers room during those times so far. I feel thankful when I prep baby's bottles for the next day that I am able to provide for her feeds when away at work. Thanks again everyone.