Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Strange ? re: what caused higher output?

Default Strange ? re: what caused higher output?

DH and I had a date night a couple weeks ago. I kept meaning to get on here and post about this because I'm curious! LOL

So we went to TGI Friday's and I had Mediterranean skewers. I looked at what it included and the only things that I haven't had in the past (that I'm aware of anyway) while BFing are the yogurt sauce that had dill in it and Jasmine rice.

Well, after we ate, we came back home for, um, some alone time if you kwim. Afterwards, I pumped and got 12 ounces, TWELVE ounces in about six or seven minutes. I don't get that much in my morning pumping session when I pump! It had only been a couple hours since DS had nursed so it wasn't a long time without nursing.

So, did the dill or Jasmine rice cause that kind of output? And if so, why haven't I read about one of those being able to increase milk?!?! I've done a TON of searching on that topic with both my kiddos!!!! Or was it the hormones from, you know...our alone time????

It doesn't matter, of course, but I'm just really curious what it was! Maybe it was just some random time! It hasn't happened since that night, the pumping output.

Default Re: Strange ? re: what caused higher out

Woah. I don't know. I invite you to experiment. Experiment with the Dill. If Jasmine rice increased output I think I would have heard that before. But Dill.....Try it again!

Way too lazy for formula

And then on a different night try humping your DH again. But on SEPARATE nights. So we get a clear picture if either of these SPICES in your life cause you to POUR Breastmilk!

Way too lazy for formula

I was thinking the oxytocin from the alone time.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    I was thinking the oxytocin from the alone time.
    This is what I was thinking. DH is going to LOVE that experiment

Ditto on the oxytocin and perhaps the "handling" messaged things a bit!

Hmmm . I may have to try this!!

You ladies are cracking me up!!!! I've been googling like crazy and Kellymom lists Dill as an herb that can help, but I doubt there's that much in that sauce! It was a small thing of sauce you dipped the chicken in! And I found a couple things (but not good resources) on the Jasmine rice......but maybe you were right about the alone time thing. Guess it can't hurt to try and experiment, lol!