Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fo I feed him too much???

Default Fo I feed him too much???

OK, most women ask if they are feeding theirs enough or feel like they are nursing all of the time and are tired. I went through both of those with mine. Now in am in a completely different situation. My ds is 6 1/2 months old. I work from home and I feed on demand. I find myself putting him on my breast just so he will either go to sleep or just be quiet and content while I work on the computer. (he is nursing right now) He is 20 pounds and eats some baby food. Also, anytime he gets agitated or upset or hurt, I latch him on because I know it makes him happy. Can I over do it???

Default Re: Fo I feed him too much???

Quote Originally Posted by keriacat View Post
    OK, most women ask if they are feeding theirs enough or feel like they are nursing all of the time and are tired. I went through both of those with mine. Now in am in a completely different situation. My ds is 6 1/2 months old. I work from home and I feed on demand. I find myself putting him on my breast just so he will either go to sleep or just be quiet and content while I work on the computer. (he is nursing right now) He is 20 pounds and eats some baby food. Also, anytime he gets agitated or upset or hurt, I latch him on because I know it makes him happy. Can I over do it???
    I do the same thing. (except at the computer, she tryes to help me type...)

Default Re: Fo I feed him too much???

Quote Originally Posted by Mummy View Post
    maybe you would want to think of trying other ways to please him? I warn you though the computer is going to become the enemy! Our son hates the thing, he knows it takes our attention away!!!

(we also work from home, DH is a web developer)
    My husband is also a web developer and built me a site that I sell clothes on. I have to be on my computer a lot and I have to do a lot of work that requires me to not hold, console or please him. So I put him in a walker and do what I can while he whines for me to pick him up. Once I can sit on the computer I 'Pop him on". He confort sucks, but sometimes I feel the milk come down a couple of times. Usually I have to get back to work so I out him back down and he fusses again. Its a never ending cycle. My DH takes him every once in a while for 15-20 min incriments. Its hard trying to work from him with a BF baby.

Thanks! I loved having the photo done!