Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sippy cups

Default Sippy cups

We are going to be starting BLW in a couple of weeks. I am looking for a good sippy cup to start with.

The ones that I have are very big and I think will flow to fast for him.

Suggestions of what has worked for you??
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude

Default Re: Sippy cups

It is so individual. I've tried every cup out there, and I think the one that works the best is the one that works for your LO.

You dnt have to use a sippy either. Gav and Logan have actually done the best with just a cup with me controlling it. Ian preferred a , a cheap thing from Walmart, actually. Cant remember what Colton used, probably what was laying around.

I do like the Tommee Tippe, Nuby and something that I don't know the name of, but it has a top you drink from in a more adult fashion. However, with the palate issues, our needs were slightly different than most people's.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

you could just try a regular cup
    Christine
    Can't believe I've been and a full-time SAHM to Elena (5/2010) for over 2 yrs!
    Mami de mi preciosa Elenita
    http://forums.llli.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32384&dateline=131170  7429 OakRoseCharms Free Shipping for LLLadies just pm me! My Blog

D will only use a Nuby, even at 17 months. And his preference is the one with two handles.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

DS never did "sippys" he has a cup with a rubber straw. This worked out really well in the event we went out to eat and I forgot his cup, which has happened several times!
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14 nursing like a champ and growing like a weed!

My son loved his born free sippys, so much so we had to take them out of rotation while I was pregnant so he would forget about them. we have recently introduced them to DD1/DD2. I like that the born free has removable handles and a lid. I could never use a straw cup out in public because it didn't have a lid (and I was warned against the straw cups that fold down, being hard to clean).
    Full time working Mom to 3, DH is my hero as a SAHD:
    DS July'09, nursed for 12 weeks
    DD1 & DD2 April'11, tandem nursed for 16 months

Nuk brand was our first. Now, I can't use the soft spouts. He bights holes in them an those things are too expensive to keep replacing. He's fine with straws as well. Its really just up to what he'll take.

Oh BTW, I love the name you chose for your son
    SAHM to all my boys

Wyatt 2/23/99
    Isaiah 7/11/00
    Hunter 2/9/10- made it through our dairy allergy!
    and loving from afar, my DSS Kaleb 3/30/97

We tried several, but the ones he liked best were the Nuby ones. I liked them too because they're really inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*toddlerandtwins View Post
    My son loved his born free sippys, so much so we had to take them out of rotation while I was pregnant so he would forget about them. we have recently introduced them to DD1/DD2. I like that the born free has removable handles and a lid. I could never use a straw cup out in public because it didn't have a lid (and I was warned against the straw cups that fold down, being hard to clean).
    We have the munchkin brand cups I think, they have a lid and aren't to hard to clean it is kind of a pain to put them back together though.
    Married to my High School sweetheart 5-15-04

SAHM to:
    born 6/1/10 tongue and lip ties nursed 13 months with sore nipples and mutually agreed it was time to quit!
    born all natural 1/27/12 nursed for 16 months and lost interest
    1/1/14
    born all natural 11/4/14 nursing like a champ and growing like a weed!

Thanks ladies I have the nuby ones that were a gift. I am going to try those first. I will try just a cup but that sounds real messy.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*christinao View Post
    Oh BTW, I love the name you chose for your son
    Thanks
    I am Klisti, I married my best friend Kris two years ago.

The love of my life, Wyatt 8-28-11 AKA the little dude