Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Made it 3 months

Default Made it 3 months

Excited to be moving up (down?) in boards. My DD turned 3 months yesterday and we're still going.

I EPed for my son for 15 months, he never nursed more than a handful of times, so this feels great.
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

Default Re: Made it 3 months

great work mama!

I'm so happy for you! Congrats!
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Breastfeeding an older baby is sometimes a challenge but always rewarding! It keeps getting easier!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Yeah. I'm definitely to the point where things are a little simpler. She's starting to be able to find my nipple on her own a bit, opens nice and widely w/o me having to convince her. I've already survived thrush and recurring blebs, so I know I can get through some pain. She's sleeping through the night (5-6 hours) a couple times a week.

She's been gaining weight like crazy (averaging more than an oz/day) which was a huge relief. (My son was feeding tube dependent for nearly 3 years.)
    I am looking forward to it getting even easier. Now I'm trying to work in some pumpings to build a stash for when I go back to work. Fortunately I was able to take a leave of absence from work so I don't go back until July, but right now she's not loving a bottle and gags if you put formula near her mouth, so I'm a little stressed about making sure to have enough and getting her to take it.
    Call me Trish!
    Robbie, born at 26w2d on 5/31/08. EPed 15 months. He was G-Tube fed until just before his 3rd birthday. He now knows the joy of food and drink by mouth!
    Charlotte born 11/12/11 at 35w2d. Blissfully feeding her from the tap since birth.

Have you checked out the pumping and the working forums?
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

That is AWESOME! Congrats to you. The first three months are the most challenging - for me at least. It gets a lot easier. Good job!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Well, tonight she's happily taking a bottle of expressed milk, so it seems that she just objected to the formula. I can't say I blame her, it smells like crap. Now I just have to focus on making sure I have plenty of freezer stash for when I go back to work in case I can't keep up with her by pumping.

I had to take Dom to keep up with Robbie. I'll do it again if I have to, but man, I'd really rather not.
    Call me Trish!

Have you tried power pumping? What kind of pump do you have?

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Currently I'm using a PISA. I EPed for my son for 15 months and used a hospital grade symphony.
    Right now my supply is fantastic, but when I go back to work I know that pumping isn't the same as nursing. Even now, when I pump, my left breast does not like to give up the goods. There's plenty of milk, it just doesn't like to let down for the pump. What I've been doing is nursing her on the left and pumping on the right. That's fine for now since I'm just pumping for freezer stash, but if I'm working full time, it may become a problem.
    Call me Trish!