Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Preemie baby made it to EBF!

Default Preemie baby made it to EBF!

I wanted to take a moment to express how much I love this site. Because of a couple of very dedicated NICU nurses and this site, my preemie baby is now EBF at nearly 4 months old

After working so hard to get him BFing, he has now started refusing a bottle (of expressed milk). While it would be nice for DH to be able to feed at times, this makes me incredibly proud. I am providing everything my baby needs, all of the time

Thanks ladies for all of the encouragement!

Default Re: Preemie baby made it to EBF!

I'm so happy to hear this! It's not always easy but it is always worth it.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

That's awesome! I'd like to note that you forgot to you include your own determination on that list, though ! So happy for you and your LO; it's a wonderful feeling to come such a long way and know you didn't give up. Good job, mama!

Yay!
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!