Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: weaning

Default weaning

I know at about 1 years old is when food starts to come before bm. But my dd2 seems to be starting this early. I alway offer her the breast before meals but she seems to have little interest. I've tried nursing necklaces, quiet rooms,etc. But she just tries to wiggle out of my arms to get down. I've tried cutting back on her foods but this doesn't really help much. Any suggestions?
    born 03/24/11, and and
    born 03/21/08 Breastfed for 2 yrs, and still when needed

Default Re: weaning

Are you nursing at night? My 13 month old is like this too... she would rather play than nurse. Sometimes she eats a lot of food and sometimes she doesn't. But she always nurses lots at night.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

I don't know how much she nurses at night. The benifits of cosleeping is i never compleatly wake up. I don't think she does though. She's just getting over a cold right now and i suspect she's nursed more in the last few days then ever before. It almost comes acrossed as she would rather play and eat thannurse. If i don't have a let downright away instead of getting mad she just wiggles free
    born 03/24/11, and and
    born 03/21/08 Breastfed for 2 yrs, and still when needed

I think she'll be fine. I also don't really know how much my daughter nurses at night but I have some sense for whether it was a lot or a little. It was a LOT last night. Cosleeping rocks, that's for sure.

I wouldn't worry about it. She'll start nursing more again, they go through phases.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months