Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: "Rogue" letdown!

Default "Rogue" letdown!

There is no doubt in my mind that OALD causes my powerful letdown. However, it seems to also cause what I like to call "rogue letdowns"- random, unprovoked letdowns! I can just be getting out of the shower and drying off, and minutes later, I feel "the tingle" and they start spraying! It seems to trigger itself, even when I'm not thinking about the baby, or even if they aren't engorged.

Has this happened to anybody else?

Default Re: "Rogue" letdown!

It used to happen to me all the time. It eventually evened itself out, sometime around maybe 6 months. it annoyed me, big time. had I ever had the good sense to name it the "rogue letdown" I would have had a hearty laugh, perhaps lessening my irritation. That is really too funny. The rogue letdown...

At the risk of being horribly offcolor - when it would happen, when I would feel the tingle and know that a mighty outpour was imminent, I would always imagine that it must be what it's like to be a 12 year old boy and there you are standing at the blackboard, working out a math problem when... brwoooop... uh-oh. What prompted this, he must wonder. How I am going to get back to my seat?

Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

It stopped happening to me around 6 months too. I always had to have fresh nursing pads on no matter what ... and even then sometimes they wouldn't hold it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Ann View Post
    I would always imagine that it must be what it's like to be a 12 year old boy and there you are standing at the blackboard, working out a math problem when... brwoooop... uh-oh. What prompted this, he must wonder. How I am going to get back to my seat?
    My husband always said his binder became awfully handy during those awkward school moments. In fact he teases me with the "I think I need my binder ..." comment when he gets worked up.

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I have those as well. ALL the time! I always have a cloth diaper within arm's reach of me, unless I have a bra on w/ breast pads in it. But most of the time, i'm bra-less.... So i cram the cloth diaper down my shirt, so I don't soak everything and everyone around me.

Yeah, we're in DD's 7th month and still victim to the occasional rogue letdown. I love the name. Consider it stolen! It's tapering off a little, but I still don't venture out without nursing pads in place.

My favorite is when I'm drying off after a really nice hot shower, feeling squeaky clean, and then I've got all this sticky milk dripping down my tummy. Great.

Sticky milk after a nice shower- I know, and blech. It's so irritating!
    The "binder joke" is so funny It's a good comparison too. "Okay, I feel it coming on... How do I get out of the shower now? I have to wait until it stops..." Haha!

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the name