Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breast leaking

Default Breast leaking

My wifes other breast is leaking quite a lot everytime the baby drinks. She uses a cloth to catch the milk from the other breast. the leaking started in the beggining and now the baby is almost 3.5 months old, Is this normal?

The baby has only drank brestmilk from my wife since the first day He has grown Allot He doubled his birthweight before 3 months. now hes 97% for weight and hight. Witch is big for my wifes smaller race(Guatemalan) and im Irish

I am wondering if an only breastfed baby grow at the same rate as a formula baby for weight and height? or will the Formula baby be more fat?
    "End the Wars" - Ron Paul

Default Re: Breast leaking

Yes, totally normal.

Hard to say about a formula baby.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Default Re: Breast leaking

The leaking is totally normal. It may eventually subside, though.

In general, breastfed babies gain more quickly than formula-fed babies during the first half of the first year, and more slowly than formula-fed babies during the second half of the first year. Both types of babies end up weighing about the same by their first birthdays, statistically speaking. However, any individual baby may deviate from the pattern described above.

Ultimately, breastfed babies tend to grow into leaner adults than formula-fed babies. So if you're concerned that your baby's rapid weight gain means he's going to grow up to be a fat adult, you can let that worry go.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"