Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: White spot on nipple after Breastfeeding

Default White spot on nipple after Breastfeeding

Hello ladies. I breastfed my first one with a nipple shield so never had this. When my 2nd one is done feeding there is a white clumpy looking thing on my nipple and it usually goes away by the next feeding. any idea what it is?

Default Re: White spot on nipple after Breastfee

3/2011 {EBF to 6mos, now BF and BLS, CD, EC'ing since 5mos - in underwear at 11mos, and babywearing}
    Babywearing International has chapters - see if there's one near you... most have lending libraries!

You know, I would occasionally get something that sounds like what you're describing. It didn't hurt at all. I think it was kind of like when you get dry skin on your lips, and then that dry skin gets all moisturized and looks white and kind of soggy. It seemed like I would mostly get it after long nursing sessions. I never really worried about it.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Does it hurt at all?
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

I got them when I was pregnant after my toddler stopped nursing at about 7 months pregnant. I thought it was just more weird pregnancy stuff, i.e., linea nigra, darkened areolas, etc. They didn't hurt until my milk volume went up and I had a nursing newborn. I had to work on them for several days with gentle pressure from beneath like that kellymom article talks about. They went away.