Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: irritating feeling while sleep nursing

Default irritating feeling while sleep nursing

hi llladies,

my lo is about to turn one
    my issue is that when he sleeps he needs to have the breast in his mouth and suck all night/all through a nap. its has not been an issue until this week, all the sudden i feel like it is so irritating, the feeling of him sucking constantly like that. i feel guilty feeling that and I am just dealing with the irritation.

ive tried to remove him once he is asleep and it only works once in awhile. it is just such an uncomfortable feeling all the sudden it is making me crazy.

i am not pregnant but it seems to me like what i have heard women describe when they are pregnant and nursing. ahhh! just wanted some feedback or ideas.

Default Re: irritating feeling while sleep nursi

I feel like this occasionally with A2 when she nurses long sessions during the night. I'm not sure why it is. But I do understand. Google the Pantley Pull Off. THat should help you get him to sleep without the sucking association. GOod luck! Sry for typos. Baby on my lap
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!

I don't have a solution but wanted to say I relate and hear you. The feeling of crawling the walks .
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Could he be latching on differently? I noticed periodically DD2's latch changes and suddenly it irritates me...almost like I am getting chapped by sandpaper! I just assume it's changes in her mouth as she gets bigger. Also, if she's nursing more often during the night, I will be more irritated or sensitive in the morning, I guess from having her drool and the milk on my nipples more than normal. Good luck, and hope it gets better!

Are you about to start your period? I feel this way when I have PMS...
    Mama to five beautiful kids- 9, 8, 3, 2 and currently nursing our new baby girl born 1/20/2013

"It should not be necessary to tell reasonably intelligent mammals to suckle and not dismember their neonates." ~Susan Blustein

i just had my period, i dont know what it is. last night i felt like i was going to scream. i just sat in bed cringing

Could be that you just finished your period and your boobies are getting "back to normal" Try the Pantley Pull Off or wait a week and see if it's still feeling the same
    Melissa

Young SAHM of
    Afton (A1) (1/24/09) and
    Autumn (A2) (8/29/11)

Sealed in the SLC Temple

and and now CDing!