Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Inverted Nipples? Look at this

Default Inverted Nipples? Look at this

Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: Inverted Nipples? Look at this

Great article Susan. I had very flat to almost inverted nipples, but never had any problem breastfeeding because of them whatsoever. Just like the article says with a correct latch how out they are doesn't matter anyway. But I was scared to death before I gave birth because people had mentioned you "can't" with flat nipples. Very happy they were completely wrong in my case and that of most other mamas.
    Mom to Taiga born 6/2010

Pocket cloth diapers. Baby led solids. Full-time working mom. I my DH, DD, kitty Dr. Benway, and my working border collie Odin!
    BF for 1 year and she and I still love it !!!!

Default Re: Inverted Nipples? Look at this

Thanks for this. I have flat nipples and was told by one of the nurses that breast feeding would be "near impossible" for me. This was just not true!
    Lisa

Mom to Aimee, born 8/22/11
    for 20 months!