Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 618

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,293

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Samiha View Post
    I just found out that one of the ladies who works for me is pumping in her car. I don't feel great about the fact that our building doesn't have a place for her to pump really, but she says she doesn't mind because she can use her phone to search the internet and look at pictures of her daughter that the babysitter sends a few times a day. We are not allowed to bring cell phones in the building, so it might not be ideal even if there were a place for her to pump. I guess it's better than the bathroom, right?
    i dont mind pumping in my car. i just dont like that the battery pack is not as strong and i hate running through batteries. but a car is fine.

    is there no where for her to go? maybe work could pay for the batteries? that would make me happy

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    555

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Honestly, I'd rather pump in a car and have the radio/my phone than to not have those things and have to do . . .work! Especially if wherever I would have to pump is farther away than my car.

    I'm so sick of pumping. My boobs are sore. Meh.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    I am sick of pumping too. I feel like I am really losing it. I even forgot today and was about 45 minutes later than I should have been to pump. I got 4 oz so far. Hopefully DCP has saved a bottle.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,440

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Tired. Of. Pumping.

    I thought going to 2-3 times a day would help, but it's still annoying. I'm fantasizing about stopping entirely, but to make buying the pump worthwhile, I need to pump to June 18.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    271

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    I'm on my second pump, and I have to run to teach in a couple minutes. I'm really short, though, so I'll need to add in a third pump today. Grrr.
    Mom to a spirited DS1, born 2/21/2011, and DS2, born 7/3/2014.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    She saved a bottle yay! The little man has a cold, poor guy, but he is so adorable lately. I am thinking I will start supplementing with goats milk when he turns 11 months old. I just wanna take some of the stress off.
    the little monster 4/22/11
    squealy piggy 7/1/13
    CDing baby-wearing coffee addicted mama!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,552

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mtmama View Post
    i dont mind pumping in my car. i just dont like that the battery pack is not as strong and i hate running through batteries. but a car is fine.

    is there no where for her to go? maybe work could pay for the batteries? that would make me happy
    We are in the Air Force so they would not pay for the batteries because there are very strict rules about how money is spent. We work in a really crappy building that has been under constant construction and there is barely enough workspace. I worked in the same building 10 years ago and back then it was basically a giant garage with a few offices off of it, and they converted a lot of space into office. I feel bad because I know across the road in the big pretty buildings they have a ton of nursing mothers rooms, but it is too far away for her to go on breaks. I think she might have a Freestyle though, so at least she probably doesn't have to buy batteries because it has a rechargeable one.
    Beth

    Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

    Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

    "So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern NM
    Posts
    712

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Samiha View Post
    We are in the Air Force so they would not pay for the batteries because there are very strict rules about how money is spent. We work in a really crappy building that has been under constant construction and there is barely enough workspace. I worked in the same building 10 years ago and back then it was basically a giant garage with a few offices off of it, and they converted a lot of space into office. I feel bad because I know across the road in the big pretty buildings they have a ton of nursing mothers rooms, but it is too far away for her to go on breaks. I think she might have a Freestyle though, so at least she probably doesn't have to buy batteries because it has a rechargeable one.
    But what happens when it gets hot outside? I ended up pumping in my car this past summer when I went to a conference and it got pretty miserable in there.
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,552

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    But what happens when it gets hot outside? I ended up pumping in my car this past summer when I went to a conference and it got pretty miserable in there.
    Luckily we have awhile before that happens here. I know I've pumped in my car with the A/C on before though. Our building really does suck though, I don't even know where she would pump in there.
    Beth

    Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

    Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

    "So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    530

    Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

    Damn, I stop pumping and AF is back today.
    ~ Megan

    Mommy to Alex (born 2/27/11) and Katie (born 3/31/14)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •