Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

My nipples have been sore lately too. I'm also starting to wonder if AF is almost back.

Today was the last day that Alex is going to get bottles at daycare! It's a big weight off my shoulders to not have to stress about how many ounces I am pumping today! And all next week, we'll be at my parents' house out of state.... and then he turns one!!!

I might bring my pump with me to their house though, just in case I want to go out and leave him for a few hours in the evening. I haven't decided yet.
    ~ Megan

Mommy to Alex, born 2/27/11

Sorry for the sore nipples ladies!

I'm considering playing hooky from my son's 15 month appointment (). I just really don't feel like being yelled at because I don't want to do all the vaccines yet and he still does not sleep through the night. I am worried though that she will feel bad that we are switching pediatricians at the same practice.

On a pumping related note, I am considering returning the Symphony at the end of this month. Which makes me sad But I think I can get by just fine on the PISA. Might take a little longer, but I only pump twice a day usually anyway.

Confession: I decided last night to quit pumping early. It is only one day early--he turns one tomorrow. I have been tapering down this week. I will just need to pack up my pump and wash all the supplies at home this weekend. It is a bit weird to think I probably will never be pumping again. I had considered going longer but this spring has been really stressful and I have been cutting out things that are not vital. If I stop pumping I can go home a bit earlier and spend that time with the baby, rather than the pump.

And I have a substantial freezer stash. I would bet we will get close to the end of the school year without having to switch to cow's milk during the day. I am going to get DH to work on switching Glowworm to sippy cups.

Is it okay if I still stick my head in here from time to time?
    I am Erin--happily married to the nerd of my dreams for 15 years
    High School Science Teacher
    Mother to: Thing 1 9/23/01, bf 15 mo, diagnosed with stage 4 neuroblastoma 1/29/02, officially cancer free for ten years in August 2012
    Thing 2 6/6/05, bf 12 mo, obsessed with dynamite
    Glowworm 2/18/11, bf 15 months and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*scienceteachermommy View Post
    Is it okay if I still stick my head in here from time to time?
    Nope!

(I kid.)

Congrats!

And we did go to the appointment. It was fine. I just told her that I'm probably not going to listen to her about CIO. She was friendly enough.

Gav is dropping bottles all by himself. He is down to three overnight now. None during the day.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Scienceteachermommy, happy pre-birthday to Glowworm! It must feel good to be done pumping. If you have success switching to sippy cups, I'd love to hear about it. We haven't found a cup that my DS likes yet.

Katia, good for you! I hope you are able to find a pediatrician that you like better.

Megan, enjoy your week of non-pumping before your baby's 1st birthday!

Susan, does this mean Gavin is waking less frequently at night? Or just not eating when he wakes?

DS is home today. He's got a double ear infection. He's surprisingly happy, considering. He is having some difficulty nursing, though. Last night, he nursed, but he didn't want to fall asleep nursing. He rolled away, and I rubbed his back until he fell asleep. I had given him ibuprofen, but I'm sure it still hurts, especially since he's getting his molars. But I didn't have to pump yesterday or today. So it's a nice break.
    First time mom to DS, born 2/21/2011.

due with #2 6/26/2014

Currently , .

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    Gav is dropping bottles all by himself. He is down to three overnight now. None during the day.
    Emily's doing the same thing. She was having a solid 4 oz. as soon as we walked in the door in the afternoon, but now when she finally remembers she hasn't had one yet she drinks maybe half of it. I'm not pushing that one, I'm fine if she doesn't take it. She still does the 3 overnight, too...
    Marley & Emily 9-24-10
    (Done as of 5-23-12)

He is drinking just as often, but not finishing a bottle. It's like he wakes for a quick nip them goes back to sleep
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

I just found out that one of the ladies who works for me is pumping in her car. I don't feel great about the fact that our building doesn't have a place for her to pump really, but she says she doesn't mind because she can use her phone to search the internet and look at pictures of her daughter that the babysitter sends a few times a day. We are not allowed to bring cell phones in the building, so it might not be ideal even if there were a place for her to pump. I guess it's better than the bathroom, right?
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I'd much rather pump in the car than a bathroom. I regularly pump in my car..in front of my own house! If the LO's are sleeping, and I need to pump, I sit there a d wait for them to wake, as if I try to bring them in, it wakes them up and then I don't get to pump. Won't work when it's a zillion degrees out, but for now, it's OK. So I can see why she isn't bothered. Of course, if there was a small room where she could go, it would be better though.
    Susan