Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Pumping chit chat 3

Default Re: Pumping chit chat 3

Well I goofed up today. I was getting a migrane and took an Aleve not thinking. I called me ped after and they said it was a level 3 and I should pump and dump for 24 hrs. I thought 24 hrs seem a little too conservative. Any thoughts? So, here I sit giving Sarah a bottle when I could be nursing
    Last edited by @llli*elizabethlarae; June 20th, 2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Misspell
    Mom to Kaleb born 7/24/08......clueless about BF and began to supplement. Supply was gone at 8 weeks.

Sarah Beth born 11/29/11.....found this forum(lifesaver) and glad to say she has only had BM since day 1 and we are still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mamaDuMonte View Post
    Love these! Definitely going to get some!
    Mom to Kaleb born 7/24/08......clueless about BF and began to supplement. Supply was gone at 8 weeks.

Sarah Beth born 11/29/11.....found this forum(lifesaver) and glad to say she has only had BM since day 1 and we are still going strong!

You can nurse with Aleve. Not sure why they told you that. Next time, call InfantRisk.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    You can nurse with Aleve. Not sure why they told you that. Next time, call InfantRisk.
    So glad you said this. I was dreading tonight since she nurses to sleep. What is InfantRisk?

InfantRisk is a hotline run by one of the few doctors who actually knows anything about breastfeeding and medications. You can call them and ask for the real deal on any medication, and if they don't know, they help you find out.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Getting a little stressed out - since my supply dropped a bit ago (long weekend trip disrupted nursing schedule, then AF came back) it has barely recovered - I'm getting in five sessions what I used to get in three. Plus we changed the morning routine so I'm doing daycare dropoff now, and nursing during what is typically my most productive pumping time. Pumping is starting to hurt (not that it's ever been awesomely comfortable, but still). Today, we changed the schedule back as SO had to come in for a later shift at work, and what do you know, got 6 oz at first pumping when I had been struggling for 4.

:/

I am starting to wonder if I will make it to my goal of 18 months. Every AF goes by, and at the end, I have less milk. Nothing changes other than that. Same pump, same time spent, everything. BIL moved out (well, his stuff is still here, and he will be back for it next week when his family has moved into their house) so I could possibly try to pump more while watching the kids; I had moved everything to the bedroom, as i was not sure when he woukd be comijg in and out, but I could carry everything back to the family room in the mornings now. Because I'm lucky to get 3oz a day now And just 7 days ago, I was getting 4 oz just fine. Not sure when I will pump more, but ...

I keep telling myself every drop is worth the effort, but it's hard to spend 2 hours pumping every day for a mere 3 oz.

Herbs are not cutting it. Haven't ordered any dom, but I might.
    Susan

Susan... I hear yolu about the 2 hrs for 3 oz. - that's what I was getting at 19.5 months... Dom works, no doubt about it. You'll definitely have to add more pumps in if you use it - every 4-5 hours during the day the girls would start talking to me if I hadn't pumped yet (though I ould go an 8-hr stretch at night)... I had to stop taking it before I could drop to just 3 pumps a day...

I'm still rooting for you, mama!
    Marley & Emily 9-24-10
    (Done as of 5-23-12)

I guess I should order it then. It takes a couple weeks to get here. If I go through another cycle, I won't have anything left!
    Susan

Sorry I haven't been on at all. . .Idk. Not only busy, but involved in my local groups more now. I'm part of a FB group called the "Breast Friends"

Susan, let me know if you want to try some for free You are doing a great job!

Still pumping. PISA was lent to another mom (yes I know you aren't "supposed" to, but not everyone can afford pumps). She was going to exclusively FF and changed her mind at the last minute I am not sure how long she is going to go, but I'm excited that I could help her baby get some breastmilk.

Hope everyone is having a nice summer!